WHAT IS FOOTSPEED?
FOOTSPEED is a sport. FOOTSPEED is a movement.
Speed is recognized as the single most important talent that is common to all sports.
FOOTSPEED is everyone’s FIRST sport. FOOTSPEED is fun. FOOTSPEED celebrates health and wellness through the joy of athleticism and personal achievement. FOOTSPEED is INCLUSIVE.
Everyone can be THEIR fastest.
HOW DO YOU PLAY FOOTSPEED?
Each person decides how far back to start, and with that unlimited running start each person tries to hit their fastest speed as they run through a 24-foot long speed zone area. That speed zone is called the Speed Trap. Each person’s run is all about Miles-Per-Hour (MPH).
FOOTSPEED can be played anywhere. It can be played in a school gym, in backyards or in the neighborhood.
FOOTSPEED can be played just for fun. FOOTSPEED can also be played for prizes or giveaways.
FOOTSPEED is conducting official competitions with live events and companion video (television) programs. Cash and prizes for FOOTSPEED competitions will vary. For example: a person could win their Miles-Per-Hour in cash 20 MPH = $20,000.
MPH stands for Miles-Per-Hour. MPH is the measurement used for speed. FOOTSPEED is a game of speed.
WHAT DOES MILES-PER-HOUR LOOK LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD?
AVERAGE MIDDLE SCHOOLER:
12 – 16 MPH
AVERAGE OLYMPIC SPRINTER:
20 – 27 MPH
45 – 55 MPH
60 – 70 MPH
IS FOOTSPEED ONLY FOR TRAINED OR PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES?
No. FOOTSPEED is for everyone! It is the most inclusive sport in the world. Anyone can achieve their own fastest speeds and play FOOTSPEED on their own terms.
As FOOTSPEED is being played all over the world, we will also discover many unknown talented athletes.
One TV executive described FOOTSPEED as the "American Idol for Speed".
ARE THERE ANY RULES OR RESTRICTIONS TO PLAY FOOTSPEED?
No. Just pass through the Speed Trap and you WIN!
HOW MUCH SPACE IS NEEDED TO RUN FOOTSPEED?
The recommended space needed for safety must be determined by YOU and the speed of the runners.
As an example:
- Elementary and Middle Schoolers may play inside their gymnasium (+/- 100 Feet)
- Faster runners in High School or College may need more room to start and stop running (+/- 350 Feet)
ON THE TV SHOW, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "OFFICIAL MPH" AND "HAND TIME"?
The "OFFICIAL MPH" is the Official Speed in Miles-Per-Hour that someone runs using our FOOTSPEED laser speed system.
The "Hand Time" is the Unofficial Speed captured using a hand-timer (stopwatch) based on a person’s best guess of when someone runs in and then out of the Speed Trap; and then converting that time (in seconds) to Miles-Per-Hour (MPH).
For example: .82 Seconds on a Stopwatch = 20 MPH
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY INCLUSIVE?
- FOOTSPEED is fun, FOOTSPEED is simple, FOOTSPEED is contagious.
- It’s all about YOUR own personal achievement.
- FOOTSPEED competitions can be ANYTHING
- FOOTSPEED Fastest YOU
- FOOTSPEED Fastest on your block
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Man and Woman on Earth
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Cancer Survivor
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Man and Woman over 40, 50, 60
- FOOTSPEED Fastest 5th grader, 6th grader, 7th grader, 8th grader
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Wounded Warrior
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Man and Woman in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines.
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Professional Athlete; NHL, NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, MLS, Women’s Soccer, Rugby etc.
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Fraternity and Sorority
- FOOTSPEED Fastest Person in San Diego, Charlotte, Brooklyn, Houston, Chicago, Detroit, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Nashville, etc. (insert your city, town or neighborhood)